About Drayton Entertainment
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization, and one of Canada’s most successful professional theatre companies. From Broadway musicals, to laugh-a-minute comedies and riveting dramas, Drayton Entertainment presents the finest in live theatre for all ages on seven unique stages, at six venues, in five communities across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge in Cambridge, Huron Country Playhouse in Grand Bend, King’s Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, and St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and the Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs.
The Academy is supported by the strength of Drayton Entertainment’s established brand of theatrical arts excellence. The resources that set our Academy apart are not only state-of-the art training and performance facilities, but our ability to offer students exposure to professional productions and an always-accessible wealth of onstage and offstage experts eager to share their lived experience.
Drayton Entertainment is…
- A registered, not-for-profit charitable arts organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- A key economic driver for arts & culture and tourism throughout Ontario. Paid attendance exceeds 275,000 annually with an economic impact of $82 million (Government of Ontario’s Tourism Regional Economic Impact Model).
- One of the largest employers of professional artists in the country – across all artistic disciplines.
- A proud six-time winner of the prestigious Lieutenant Governor’s Award for the Arts, bestowed to organizations demonstrating exceptional fiscal responsibility and private sector support.
- Dedicated to remaining affordable and accessible to all segments of society.
Our business model is based on presenting a dynamic, engaging, quality theatre experience that exceeds audience expectations.
With the Academy, we are committed to inspiring and empowering the next generation of artists onstage and behind-the-scenes, as well as providing positive experiences which transcend the arts to shape future leaders and community-minded citizens.